What are the Fallback variables when creating a Campaign

Hello Community,

When creating a Campaign, in the first step after loading the CSV File, I have a window to select “Variables” and “Fallback” correspondences. I don´t understand how it works this part.

After that, when I add my template, I select the variables needed.

Which is the purpose of the “Variables” and “Fallback” options???

Thanks for sharing!

Oliver.

1 Like

Hello Oliver!

The great thing with Gmelius campaigns is that you can personalize your message. Let’s say that you want to send a campaign for an event you are hosting. So you will need to get attendees and need to add some personalization to your message to grasp their attention. Not another run of the mill campaign routed their way.

In you CSV file you can add columns that will act as variables for your campaign. Check out this mock CSV file.

Here I have First Name, Last Name, and Table. It could a personalized link to a blog post, the name of the person that referenced you, an event you met, a date and a time, a company name.

So on Step 1, all these variables will be registered.

Now if you don’t have the entries for all you contact no worry you can set up a fallback. You need to sell a fallback for the variable you need to use in your message.

What the fall back essentially does, it that it allows you to put a generic word or an entry from another column (swap first name with the last name) in order for your variable not to leave an empty space and make you look like a fool.

Then include the variables in your message as seen below:

This is a very simple example and the use-cases are vast! Some come with very smart personalization tricks on their sleeves - Feel free to share with us all! :smile:

Thanks Naya for your reply. I will play with it to find it out more! :grinning: