How to consolidate emails in one shared inbox

Depending on how you manage the various email addresses you have, you might not necessarily want to have a shared inbox for each one of them. Instead, you could have these email addresses appear in only one shared inbox.

First, make sure the email address you want to include is forwarded to your shared inbox’s email address or forwarded to your primary email address. It can be a normal Gsuite/Gmail forwarding or this email address can be an alias of your shared inbox’s email address or an alias of your primary email address.

Here is an example:

I have a Google Group "[email protected]" for which I have a shared inbox called “Info Box”. I also have an alias of this Google Group called [email protected]

To have the emails sent to [email protected] appear in the shared inbox Info Box, this is what I need to do:

1. Create a Gmail filter by typing in the “To” field: [email protected]
  2. Click on Create filter
  3. If your shared inbox has the “Ticketing” workflow click on “Skip Inbox”. If it is “Ticketing + Inbox”, there is no need to tick “Skip inbox”
  4. Next to “Apply label” select the label of the shared inbox. In my case, it is “Info Box”
  5. Click on “Create filter

That’s it, now I receive the emails sent to [email protected] in my shared inbox Info Box.

3 Likes